Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must-and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
Under direct supervision, the Professional, Residential Appraiser Trainee is responsible for completing the required education and training required to appraise real property and obtain a Certified Residential Appraiser License in a designated state. The Staff Appraiser Trainee will assist in analyzing information from a variety of sources, inspecting properties for condition, construction and design, and documenting on-site assessments with photographs, measurements and demographic information. With the guidance of a more experienced Staff Appraiser, the Trainee will prepare various valuation reports of real property, ensuring appraisals are procured, documented and processed in compliance with all applicable Federal and State Laws, USPAP, FIRREA, and Company regulations.
- Gathers, verifies and analyzes data on residential properties, including, but not limited to, measuring structures, physically inspecting the exterior and interior of buildings, photographing property, analysis of market sales and noting architectural quality and intended use of the property. This is accomplished by using a variety of appraisal, GIS, database, spreadsheet, and/or statistical software.
- Determines fair market value using generally accepted appraisal practice concepts as outlined in USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) on all residential type properties.
- When requested by CoreLogic or its clients, defends and supports valuation work by providing additional documentation/narrative in a timely fashion.
- Reads and interprets plats, maps, deeds, blueprints, and other similar documents.
- Creates reports, queries and other statistical data to support value as outlined in appraisal guidelines.
- Accurately completes a variety of residential appraisal products in a timely manner while successfully interacting and providing ongoing updates to various departments within CoreLogic and others involved in the valuation process.
- Manages a changing workload and meets production goals.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional demeanor and image (attire) representing CoreLogic in a very positive manner to our clients.
- Keeps current with and adheres to CoreLogic guidelines, order/client guidelines, secondary market requirements and regulatory changes.
The individual in this position must be able to work independently; initially they will receive close supervision.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- A valid driver's license and ability to travel locally to complete appraisal assignments.
- College degree in a related field required. Preferred fields - Economic, Business, Finance, Real Estate.
- A minimum of 0-1 year of related industry experience preferred - appraising, sales, property management, construction, etc.
- Works well under direct supervision applying standards learned during training
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet client-driven deadlines
- Advanced in technology - computer, iPad, smart phone, and wifi.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer to research and process information
- Must be able to enter appraisal data into technology platform and prepare detailed appraisal reports.
- Must be able to accurately use and read a tape measure or electronic measuring tools; and apply basic math skills and effectively use a calculator for mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and tactfully with all persons encountered during the course of business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organization and prioritization abilities
- Strong analytical skills; sound judgment; solid decision-making abilities
- Effective problem-solving skills; intellectual curiosity, high learning agility
- Strong business & technical acumen
- Quality orientation, high attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently; extremely self-motivated and good attitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, internet search skills, and the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with others and provide excellent customer service to agents, sellers, buyers, owners, etc.
- Exceptional time/stress management skills
- Goal oriented
Physical Job Requirements
- Performs work both indoors and outdoors and may be subject to weather extremes.
- Walks, stands and stoops for extended periods of time on flat surfaces as well as inclines, declines, uneven, narrow, slippery, natural or paved terrain, etc.
- Climbs up and down stairs, ramps and grades.
- Sits, bends, squats, leans, twists and stretches arms.
- May require jumping or hopping over small puddles, and/or other small obstacles such as trenches, debris, mounds, and climbing over small fences or other similar barriers.
- Lifts (up to 50 pounds), and carries items necessary to complete an inspection.
- Uses and handles measuring and photographic equipment while standing, squatting, leaning, bending or sitting.
- Uses arms, wrists and fingers performing data entry or typing at computer keyboard.
- Works for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Drives a motor vehicle.
- Previous experience in Real Estate Industry
- Ability to multi-task and work flexible hours
- Exceptionally organized
- Understanding of Multiple Listing Service and how to read contracts
- Knows the market area
- Asks questions
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
Connect with us on social media! Click on the quicklinks below to find out more about our company and associates.
CoreLogic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's unique contributions, experiences and values.