Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you'll discover hard work that's worth it. Learn more about Aeon at .
Associate, Asset Management
Aeon seeks an Associate for our growing Asset Management team, which is responsible for Aeon's longterm ownership interest by maintaining a strong portfolio of housing communities.
The Work of the Team
The Asset Management team accomplishes its purpose by executing on financial, physical, policy and mission opportunities for the portfolio, engaging with a myriad of funding partners, delivering on commitments and building productive relationships.
The team's work includes, but is not limited to:
- Property and portfolio level analytics
- Financial, physical and operational performance monitoring to identify problems and opportunities
- Managing properties' organizational, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Capital improvement, reserves and financial planning
- Refinancing, restructuring and repositioning
- Real estate tax management
- Insurance management
- Collaborating closely with Aeon's Property Management, Accounting, Compliance and Housing Development teams to ensure Aeon's property ownership goals are understood and met, properties are effectively programmed and operated, reporting and compliance requirements are met, and new developments and acquisitions incorporate accumulated knowledge from long-term ownership
The Asset Management Associate will be responsible for supporting the Asset Management team with the stewardship of the portfolio of properties, ensuring long-term mission-impact, financial and physical sustainability and that Aeon's financial expectations and requirements are met, while maintaining positive relationships with property funders and regulatory agencies.
Specific performance accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and/or maintain various scorecards and dashboards for the department.
- Assemble property information and prepare applications for annual insurance renewals. Maintain dashboard of premiums and loss history for analysis and comparison. Report claims to insurance broker and maintain files as necessary. Process requests for insurance certificates.
- Maintain database on property valuations and real estate taxes. Understand basis for assessments and analyze potential opportunities for savings or re-valuation. Respond to information requests from valuation consultants. Process payments for real estate taxes when due.
- Assemble and distribute monthly and quarterly reporting packages. Upload information to third party systems as necessary.
- Assist with preparation of requests for reimbursements from operating and replacement reserves.
- Assist with annual contract renewals for project-based revenue.
- Responsible for annual registrations and filings.
- Maintain database and create analysis for utility usage at each property. Identify opportunities to create efficiencies.
- Gather and analyze comparable market data for comparison to owned portfolio, including operating and financial data.
- Assist with updating and maintaining deal book schedules for the portfolio.
- Assist with gathering information and updating templates for annual budgets and periodic forecast updates.
- Create reports to assist with tracking capital improvements. Create schedule of major building systems (cost, install date, useful life, warranties, etc.)
- Monitor Asset Manager email box and respond or delegate as appropriate.
- Other, as assigned
Knowledge & Experience
At base, a qualified candidate will have:
- A history of significant achievement and success, which may include educational and/or workplace accomplishments.
- 2-3 years' experience in financial analysis. Comfortable working with databases and large datasets. Experience with real estate asset management, development or another relevant field is a plus.
Qualified candidates should have provable ability in most or all the following areas:
- Advanced skills in financial analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Power Point, Project
- Experience with Yardi and MRI Developer Central is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detailed oriented and dedicated to getting the job done accurately and on time
- Fast learner who seeks constructive feedback for continuous improvement
- Able to work independently
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit:
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.