|JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, organizing and directing activities of associates to ensure safe, smooth and efficient operations and providing the best patient experience possible. Operations|
- Establishes priorities, assigns work, and monitors performance, quality and timeliness. Assigns and reassigns work based on workload and daily priorities.
- Gives direction, motivation and guidance to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
- Plans, organizes, and directs short and long term departmental activities in accordance with regulatory and accrediting organizations.
- Functions as a resource to staff and hospital team members.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with direct reports, the hospital team, the immediate supervisor, and interdepartmentally.
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills in the following: active listening, assertiveness, providing feedback/coaching, team building, and conflict management.
- Demonstrates effective written communication skills in written reports.
- Attends administrative meetings and participates in assignments as requested.
- Assists the Director in ensuring that the assigned site is its fiscal responsibilities and operating within established budgetary guidelines.
- Facilitates, creates, distributes and maintains all necessary reports and documentation for the multiple sites. Assures that Monthly and Hours Reports are consistently accurate and on time.
- Plans and implements staff scheduling, position controls, and attendance control procedures.
- Assures all supplies/equipment are purchased through approved vendors.
- Assesses and utilizes appropriate data in order to improve operations.
- Views everything with a process improvement mindset.
- Reports all pertinent data to System Director/Director and ABM Healthcare Corporate Office in a timely manner.
- Supports the implementation and administration of HSS Patient Experience Program.
- Promotes a customer service mindset at all times to both internal and external customers.
- Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude.
- Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Supports TQM/Customer Services Initiatives.
- Demonstrates commitment to achieving patient satisfaction and employee engagement targets for the organization and department(s).
- Practices and promotes the customer skills as provided through on-going training and in-services, including customer retention and service recovery.
- Develops/coaches associates to ensure fullest potential is reached.
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation and management of employees within assigned departments.
- Ensures work assignments and schedules meet department and facility needs to maintain quality standards.
- Ensures department Training Programs at all sites are being conducted within appropriate timeframes.
- Knows all procedures, union agreements, or employee personnel manuals and meets all regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of grievance and disciplinary procedures. Communicates effectively and maintains competent coaching and counseling skills during performance review and employee discipline process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations and safety policies/procedures.
- Ensures department compliance with all regulations and policies.
- May participate in hospital and/or ABM safety committees.