Do you have a passion for making a difference in someone's life? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills, experience and empathetic nature to work for a progressive, forward-thinking and family-owned company where creativity is encouraged? Are you goal driven? Then the Career Advisor position is for you! We are seeking a dynamic and team-oriented individual to join our spirited team.
As the Career Advisor, you will provide assessment services, orientations, case management and supportive services to customers enrolled in the JFES and WIOA programs. You will be supporting the North Central Connecticut Region. Your office location is subject to change upon program/caseload needs in the region.
* Provide individualized assessment of work, family and personal development needs and opportunities
* Conduct orientations, assessments and employment plans for customers in accordance with JFES or WIOA policies
* Build professional one-on-one working relationships with customers to assist in eliminating challenges that are hindrances to obtaining and retaining employment
* Ensure customer compliance with JFES or WIOA requirements
* Track all customer activities in CTHires and implement sanction process for non-compliance
* Work closely with Business Services Unit to prepare customers for job placements
* Provide referrals to appropriate AJC services, business services unit, online learning centers and community service or social service agencies when needed
* Create solutions to customer attendance problems
* Maintain organized database of customers and keep detailed documentation of all contacts
* Maintain accurate individual case files for each registered customer, ensuring each contain appropriate eligibility documents
* Guide jobseekers through preparation of individual employment plans based on their specific occupational goals
* Share information with appropriate staff and/or funding agencies
* Provide consistent and comprehensive case management follow-up services
* Document all participant contacts and activities in case progress notes
* Assist in the preparation of project reports as needed
* Ensure that positive outcomes and goals are met as required by contract
* Work with the team on implementing processes that increase customer engagement
* Accurate data entry into local MIS systems including CTHires and ETO
* Conduct program orientations
* Other duties as assigned
* Experience with pre- and post-assessment tools specific to those formerly engaged in the criminal justice system. Any certifications in providing re-entry services in a workforce setting preferred.
* Must have 2-3 years of experience servicing the re-entry population
* Must have experience in team-oriented environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle as travel is required
* Bachelor's degree, Associates degree, and three years of work experience in case management/human services or related experience
Bring your expertise to EDSI where you will be able to live our values every day: Show Up, Smile and Support!