Crayola Experience - Orlando
At the Crayola Experience, we are ambassadors for the power of color and creativity. Each day, we help children discover the magic of color through hands-on experiences that allow them to express their unique ideas so they blossom into inspired, original adults. Help children discover the magic by joining us as a...
Assistant Manager, Group Sales
Create a group sales strategy that will generate new and return business to Crayola Experience. Develop sales territories and generate incremental profitable revenues from bus groups, social markets, meetings, and corporate groups. Educate the local and external markets on the Crayola Experience. Direct the Group Sales staff on all aspects of newly contracted groups. Provide weekly/monthly reports by category and plan forecasts for Group Sales.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Achieve annual sales goals and objectives.
* Responsible for all department ticket sales by managing group sales force as well as contacting new group accounts each week to promote visitation to the Crayola Experience.
* Achieve sales goals established with the department head and general manager.
* Prepare and distribute daily, weekly & monthly reports for various Group Sales categories affected by all group business.
* Provide weekly/monthly reports and budget forecasts for Group Sales.
* Establish weekly call pattern that will generate new accounts and service existing accounts for new and return business.
* Manage Group Sales staff's generation of new and return group business via sales calls, telemarketing, sales blitzes, email blasts, newsletters, mailings, tradeshows, etc.
* Cooperate and work with other departments, in sharing leads and/or any other activity that will generate new business.
* Orchestrate with other department heads to communicate and accommodate special group events and planning needs.
* Coordinate exhibits setup and development and represents Crayola Experience at tradeshows.
* Oversee collateral material distribution in the market to increase awareness of Crayola Experience.
* Develop sales tools, collateral, kits etc.
* Oversee the billing and collection of all Group Sales; post charges and payments accordingly.
* Must have at least 5 years sales experience.
* Previous experience managing a sales team
* Previous experience developing sales presentations, sales collateral & kits
* Previous experience sales forecasting preferred
* Required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Must have reliable transportation (properly insured and registered vehicle) for travel to potential customer sites.
* Demonstrated ability to adhere to appropriate guest service, admission and programming procedures and policies.
* PC proficient to input group reservation information into the scheduling software database.
* Experience with CRM software required.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
* Effective oral and written communications skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
* Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple functions and multitask.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. This position will supervise a multiple Group Sales personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHY CRAYOLA EXPERIENCE?
- Free admission to Crayola Experience for employees
- Free admission tickets for family and friends
- Education Assistance Program
- Product discounts at Crayola Experience retail store
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous food discounts in the Crayola Experience Cafe
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and local services - automotive, electronics, fitness, travel, and entertainment
- Fun contests and cool prizes
- Company sponsored employee events
- Company matched 401k
Crayola is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, use of a guide or support animal for a disability, a relationship to a person with a disability, veteran status, having a GED (rather than a high school diploma), or any other legally-protected status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Human Resources is responsible for all vendor relationships and establishing written contingent and retained search firm agreements. Please do not contact Crayola employees directly. All communication with search firm vendors should be directed to Human Resources.