Kathleen, a grade six teacher wonders whether to accept the promotion to principal. Les, a human resources manager, wants a job that "excites" him. Recently laid off, Barbara thinks this might be a perfect time to start her own business. Tom, an engineer, wants to try a different field where he can still use his engineering skills.
Intuition is a great tool to use in solving varied career and personal challenges. Sigmund Freud's advice is legendary. "When making a decision ... in vital matters ... such as the choice of a mate or a profession, the decision should come from the unconscious, from somewhere within ourselves."
Individuals who make wise career decisions combine intuitive strengths with intellect. Trust and value your intuition. Recognize that you do have the capacity to tap into it. Intend to develop it. Believe you'll get the required information.
Practice relaxation. Relaxing the body allows you to relax the mind. This enables you to slow your brain wave frequency allowing the subconscious mind to function more actively.
Find a regular time and place to be alone so that inner signals can be heard. Release negative thoughts and feelings which block energy. Make yourself talk positive. Replace negative thoughts with more positive statements or pictures.
Meditate to get into a deeper state of awareness where answers will come more easily. You can meditate on any object, a candle flame, a mantra, a nonsense phrase or even your name.
Because intuition connects to a vast data base, it needs concise direction to retrieve a specific answer. For example, Eleanor was wondering whether she should relocate to southern California to join her fiancee. Instead of asking, "Should I relocate?" she asked, "Should I relocate to southern California?" When she received a yes response, she asked for additional information, "Should I move next spring or summer?"
Try These Problem Solving Techniques
- Program Your Dreams. Tell yourself, "I want to have a dream that will contain ......... information to solve a specific problem....I will have such a dream, remember it and understand it." Dreams usually come to us in language or symbols we can understand. Examine the sequence of events, how you felt upon awakening how the dream ended. Note the internal and external cues you receive the next day such hearing some news on the radio while driving to work.
- Draw or Doodle. Write out a question that clearly states what you want to know. Underneath your question draw whatever comes to your mind or flows through your hands. Draw until you have nothing to add. Look at the meaning behind the drawing and the symbols within it. Note the sequence of steps. Pay attention to your thoughts and feelings as you look at the picture.
- Exercise. Pose a question to your intuition before any kind of physical activity. Then focus on your activity. Pay attention to the various cues that appear during and after the exercise.
- Make a Dream Inventory. Spend about 40 minutes writing down all the things you want to do, have, be and share as quickly as possible. Create the people, feelings and places you want. Everything is possible. Ignore security or financial considerations. Identify major themes that emerge.
- Program a Successful Day. Relax on your bed after awakening in the morning. Visualize your entire day on a mental screen. Put a clock on the screen and mentally move the clock forward each hour to the end of the day. Play a mental movie illustrating everything moving smoothly and successfully as you desire. Use this technique to rehearse a successful job interview or anything also you desire.
- Keep a Journal. Write your daily thoughts, feelings and hunches. Pay attention to what you write and how you feel at the time. Note thoughts and feelings that emerge when you finish. Notice how intuitive hunches feel different from calculated ones.
- Practice Makes Perfect. The more you listen to and pay attention to your intuition, the more you'll become aware of it. Take at least five minutes of quiet time every day to listen to your intuition. Ask for help, support, direction, awareness or anything you want an answer to. Have faith it will come.
Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Your Life, by Dr. Carole Kanchier, provides additional ways to access intuition: https://www.amazon.com/Questers-Dare-Change-Your-Life/dp/1508408963