Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
The Role: Amazon Go is seeking an experienced, analytical and detail oriented Sr. Process Improvement Manager. This individual will deep-dive and challenge current processes, equipment, and procedures, in a food production environment, to come up with creative process improvement initiatives. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in lay-out design, modeling, and process improvements. The Sr. Process Improvement Manager would be agile with the ability to change plans and keep driving relentlessly. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
* Lead and coordinate process improvements/Kaizen events in a food production environment.
* Re-design processes for optimizing material flow, increasing productivity, improving ergonomics, increasing associate safety, and reducing quality defects.
* Design and maintain production lay-outs optimizing work-station set up/area readiness for each process path.
* Conduct time and motion studies to collect operational data, identify and improve non-value added activities in production.
* Perform line balancing across work stations conductive effective labor allocation. Evaluate and conduct cost-benefit analysis for automation.
* Set design of experiments to systemically collect data while simulating future work-flows. Analyze data to systemically reduce variability in processes.
* Work closely with the team to ensure that every detail is thought through and documented using production layouts.
* Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
* Conduct lessons learned on designs after implementation in partnering with Safety and Operations