Under the guidance of the IT Department staff, the IT-PC Support Intern will perform initial investigations on the cause of computer problems (software and hardware) reported by end users. Provide direction on repairing or restoring service. Work with the IT department staff on resolving complex, non-recurring or unique problems as required and assist the IT department on projects to meet company, department and organizational goals in a cost effective manner. Call on vendors to resolve or expedite repairs of network equipment. Install hardware and load applications software. Perform desktop imaging and rebuilding of end user systems and provide assistance in diagnosing causes of computer downtime and make changes to improve network service. Provide end user instruction/training when required.
The IT - PC Support Intern will also assist the IT department with internal projects. Projects may include:
- Horizontal and backbone fiber optic and cooper premise cabling for LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Cable pulling, termination, labeling/documentation and field testing.
- Organizing and maintaining IT department parts inventory.
- Additionally, other special projects and general labor duties will be required in assisting the company and departmental needs.
Candidate must pass extensive background and credit check.
- Must possess an Associates degree or be currently enrolled in an IT related degree program. Upcoming graduates encouraged to apply.
- Any previous IT experience is a bonus.
- Microsoft, A+, Network+ and other certifications are a plus.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Employee Information Security Responsibilities: In compliance with applicable industry standards and federal, state and local laws that affect the dissemination and use of confidential or protected information and records, A.B. Data requires the strict confidentiality and security of our company and client records. Employees who have access to such information and/or records shall safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of such information and/or records and shall not disclose or disseminate such information and/or records (in whatever form maintained) to any unauthorized person or entity.
A.B. Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.