MRP PRODUCTION PLANNER
Do you enjoy the challenge of optimizing production schedules for maximum efficiency to generate customer satisfaction?
Firetrace is transitioning from an existing Great Plains data entry/transactional processing role to a more proactive production planning function. Firetrace has established a solid foundation of reliable inventory accuracy, reliable supply entry, reliable sales order entry. Now we need a proactive production planning function to assist in the final supply/demand calculation as provided by our manufacturing software. This transition is critical to our marketplace success and superior customer service.
Currently we have a transactional role that is paper driven. These duties will need to continue until new processes are developed by this role.
Expanded Future Duties to be developed by this new role:
- Create Manufacturing Orders as needed or directed by Operations management
- Create Folders with contents such as MO pick lists, Sales Order Pick Lists, labels etc.
- Assist material Handlers with general support requests such as item allocation, item fulfillment, etc.
- Post Finished Goods receipts as required/needed to keep inventory accurate.
- Interact with Great Plains – review suggested MRP Manufacturing Orders – check inventory item levels as requested.
- Elevate problems as needed to MRP system specialist, Operations Management, Customer Service and procurement.
- Process completed folders as needed.
Here are the Skills & Qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Create a plan that includes a production schedule for operations to follow that assures manufactured product available to shipping in a timely manner. The plan needs to include a capacity calculation coupled with company priorities to assure we achieve the highest level of on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Assist shipping in creating and executing a shipping plan.
- Proactively identify and communicate all potentially late shipments (include dates variances and attainable targets), then effectively communicate attainable expectations with external and internal customers as needed.
- Continuously monitor and anticipate current and future inventory shortages for sales orders and manufacturing orders. Communicate the needed PO expedites.
- Develop tools that assist procurement in identifying inventory shortages before they occur by utilizing Great Plains system.
- MRP review multi-times daily to identify supply/demand problems.
- Assist in creation of proactive inventory cycle counting.
- Assist in inventory discrepancy investigations and implement pro-active measures to prevent inventory shortages in future.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of production planning in a dynamic manufacturing company – multiple database configuration preferred. Production and Processing – knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, product costs, bills of materials, travelers, routings, and other techniques.
- Demonstrated success for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to define role and develop procedures. Advocate for positive process improvements.
- Strong attention to detail, mathematical skills, and ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task. Ability to self-manage and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel spreadsheet design and formulas. Also knowledge and ability to utilize external processes and applications in order to enhance functionality of Great Plains Manufacturing Software. In depth knowledge of MRP, ERP principles and ability to transfer knowledge to effective meaningful action as needed.
- Experience in the planning, execution and reconciliation of physical inventory. Cycle Counting experience – knowledge of ABCD codes – established cycle counting techniques to investigate discrepancies.
- Customer focus - understand internal and external customers’ needs and follow through on commitments.
- Excellent communication skills, working cooperatively with others to identify solutions to problems, even during stressful situations. Effective interpersonal skills to build interdepartmental relationships to support the functions of the job. Strong written skills to provide status reports, update projects etc.
Firetrace offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programs including great health insurance benefits, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, paid parental leave, career mobility and tuition reimbursement opportunities.
Firetrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, military or veteran status, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Any applicant who needs to request an accommodation to complete the application process should contact Kim Pritchard by email: email@example.com.